Reopening our facilities safely – facility management & COVID-19
In just a few short months the outbreak of COVID-19 has confronted us all with an unimaginable situation. Thankfully due to the strict adherence to lock down rules, we have all contributed to containing the spread of the virus.
We now move to the next phase in containing the virus with a gradual re-opening of our on-site businesses, economy and wider society.
At Elevare, we work with many large national and international organisations to deliver a broad range of facility management services, from security, cleaning and maintenance and office support. As such we have been planning for the reopening of premises for some time.
This update outlines our approach to facility management & COVID-19, detailing our core areas of focus in relation to facility management services at this time.
Ensuring the safety of our teams, clients and the general public
Our first priority in returning to work on site with our clients is to ensure the safety of all involved. Clear direction from our leadership team as well as site specific risk assessments are fundamental to this.
At Elevare, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional facility management services and this situation is no different.
Site Specific Risk Assessments
Elevare has assigned a compliance officer to develop site specific risk assessments for all clients. Below are some of the steps we have already taken to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplaces in which we operate:
- COVID-19 Response Plan
- Updated Safety Risk Assessments and Safety Statements
- Updated assessments of risk levels associated with various workplaces and work activities
- A clear response plan to deal with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Identified controls necessary to address the risks identified
- Clear communication of all plans
- Temperature testing in line with Public Heath advice where relevant
Team members within client organisations where we operate are also required to:
- Complete a return to work COVID-19 form to identify any risks
- Self-isolate at home and contact their GP promptly for further advice if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Stay out of work until all symptoms have cleared following self-isolation.
- Participate in any induction training provided by the employer on their return to the workplace.
- Complete any temperature testing as implemented by the employer and in line with Public Health advice
Clear direction and protocols to follow
Clear guidance and information from employers to employees is more important now more than ever.
Our Senior Management have developed a Return to Work Safely Protocol to be implemented across all of our client sites in line with the latest advice from Ireland’s Health and Safety Authority (HSA) and the Health Services Executive (HSE).
This is designed to put measures in place that will prevent the spread of COVID-19 across the facilities and workplaces we manage. This protocol will evolve as the guidance from authorities evolves.
Dedicated Employee COVID-19 Training
In line with our Return to Work Safely Protocol all teams are required to complete dedicated online coronavirus safety training before returning to work on site.
This is delivered through our online learning platform with video tutorials on:
- the facts
- how the virus spreads
- infection risks
- safety tips
- and what to do if you become unwell.
We hope these measures reassure you that as a leading facilities management service provider, we are prepared for the challenges ahead and are dedicated to ensuring our teams and clients are well supported and protected as we move forward together.
If you have any concerns or questions in relation to getting back to work on site safely or our approach to facility management & COVID-19 please contact our COVID-19 compliance officer [email protected].
You can also contact our offices in Cork, Dublin and London with any broader facilities management queries.